The Transfer Station is located at 89 Water Street. Hours are Tuesdays from 1pm-5pm and on Saturdays from 9am-5pm. The phone number is 357-6011. The Dump Master is Bob Laptew.
Transfer Station tickets are available for purchase at the Transfer Station. The cost is $75.00 for 30 thirty gallon punches . The following items are banned from going into the compactor: recyclable items, compost and yard waste, hazardous waste, mercury containing items, construction materials. For the full list please follow this link: Information on Waste Bans
The Transfer Station accepts all MRF recyclables. Recycling Information can be found here.
Recycling Information You may recycle Aerosol Cans
The entire Town's recycling goes to the Springfield MRF. Follow this link to see what happens when they arrive www.springfieldmrf.org.
- All paper and cardboard must be clean & dry
- Junk mail - Plastic windows okay
- Boxboard - Cereal, shoe, cracker boxes, clean pizza boxes, etc. Remove plastic liners.
- Paper bags
- White and colored office paper
- Computer paper
- Corrugated cardboard - Flatten, remove tape. Do not tie with string.
- Paperbacks and phone books -covers okay
- Glass bottles/jars, only clear, green, or brown, less than 2.5 gallons - Labels, lids, neck rings, etc. are ok.
- Aluminum, tin/steel cans and lids, and aluminum foil - Labels are ok.
- Milk & juice cartons (tent top), drink boxes - Remove straws & caps, flatten.
- Plastic bottles, jars, and tubs. Caps, lids, and pumps are ok, but must be left on the container. No loose caps or lids.
- New! Clear plastic hinged containers (clamshells). No clamshells that are black plastic, styrofoam or compostable.
Remember to rinse containers before recycling.
No light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex, ceramics, or broken glass.
No paint cans or other household metal objects.
No plastic bags, containers over 2.5 gallons, motor oil jugs, chemical or Styrofoam containers or flower pots.