TRANSFER STATION, RECYCLING & REFUSE INFORMATION
The Transfer Station is located at 89 Water Street in Granville. (413) 357-6011 TRANSFER STATION HOURS
OPEN:Tuesdays from 1pm-5pm & Saturdays from 9am-5pm.
The Attendant is Tom Wheeler.
Transfer Station tickets are only available for purchase by Granville residents and by check at the Transfer Station while open.
The cost is $75.00 for all Punch Cards, which are different colors for different sized bags.
- 15 punches on a $75 punch card for fifty (50) gallon bags.
- 20 punches on a $75 punch card for forty-two (42) gallon bags.
- 30 punches on a $75 punch Card for thirty (30) gallon bags.
- 60 punches on a $75 punch card for thirteen (13) gallon bags.
- Payments by checks only; Payable to : Town of Granville
The following items are BANNED from going into the compactor: recyclable items, compost and yard waste, hazardous products, mercury containing items, construction materials. For the full list please follow this link: Information on Waste Bans
See below for Hazardous Products collection site!
Clothes & Textiles Are Collected at the Transfer Station!
Check out MassDEP's Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory (recyclesearch.com)
Household Hazardous Products at NEDT Westfield
The Town will pay for the first $30 of products for Granville residents at the drop-off collection center at 130 East Main St. Westfield (across from Staples & Taco Bell).
NEDT WESTFIELD HOURS: Open Mondays & Wednesday 9am-4pm; and Saturday 9am-1pm.
130 East Main St. Westfield (across from Staples & Taco Bell). Bring ID confirming residency!
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON PRICING AND WHAT IS AND ISN'T ACCEPTED.
Latex paint not accepted as it is accepted at Transfer Station.
The Transfer Station accepts all MRF recyclables.
Recycling Information can be found here: Recycling Information
You may recycle Aerosol Cans
The entire Town's recycling goes to the Springfield MRF. Follow this link to see what happens when they arrive www.springfieldmrf.org.
Single Stream Recycling: Everything below in one compactor! No Changes in TRASH collection. Remember it is single stream recycling!
- All paper and cardboard must be clean & dry
- Junk mail - Plastic windows okay
- Boxboard - Cereal, shoe, cracker boxes, clean pizza boxes, etc. Remove plastic liners.
- Paper bags
- White and colored office paper
- Computer paper
- Corrugated cardboard - Flatten, remove tape. Do not tie with string.
- Paperbacks and phone books -covers okay
- Glass bottles/jars, only clear, green, or brown, less than 2.5 gallons - Labels, lids, neck rings, etc. are ok.
- Aluminum, tin/steel cans and lids, and aluminum foil - Labels are ok.
- Milk & juice cartons (tent top), drink boxes - Remove straws & caps, flatten.
- Plastic bottles, jars, and tubs. Caps, lids, and pumps are ok, but must be left on the container. No loose caps or lids.
- New! Clear plastic hinged containers (clamshells). No clamshells that are black plastic, styrofoam or compostable.
Remember to rinse containers before recycling.
No light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex, ceramics, or broken glass.
No paint cans or other household metal objects.
No plastic bags, containers over 2.5 gallons, motor oil jugs, chemical or Styrofoam containers or flower pots.
The Transfer Station accepts Bulky Rigid Plastics!
Click here for details!