Skip to main content

Town of Granville


Home   Departments  Boards and Committees  Visit Granville  Granville Phone Book   Harvest Fair  Dollars for Scholars  Contact Us  Site Map   
Agricultural Commission
Board of Health
Community Preservation Co
Conservation Commission
Council on Aging
Cultural Council
Finance Committee
Historical Commission
Library Trustees
Open Space and Recreation
Planning Board
Recreation Committee
School Committee
Town Clerk
Town Green Committee
Zoning Board of Appeals

TOWN CLERK: Elected position whose major function is to serve as the custodian of records of births, deaths, marriages, and other vital records. Conducts an annual census of the town, runs all elections and licenses dogs. The Clerk records the Town Meeting minutes and assures that the Annual Report is published each year.


The current Town Clerk is Donna Fillion and her term ends in 2018. She generally has office hours on Wednesdays from 10am until 3pm and Monday nights from 6:30-7:30pm (except during the summer when she is available every other week). You may contact her by calling (413) 357-8585, ext. 3.

The appointed Board of Registrars are: Patti Dickinson, Marjanne Nobbs & Mary Woodger.

Nomination Papers

Nomination papers for candidates running for town offices will be available in the Town Clerk's office beginning January 2, 2018, for the annual town election to be held on April 9, 2018.

Candidates for town office must obtain at least 30 signatures of registered voters town wide. The last day to file nominations papers with the Board of Registrars is February 26, 2018.

The following slate of offices will be on the April 9, 2018 ballot:

  • one member of the Selectboard for three years
  • one Moderator for one year
  • one Assessor for three years
  • one Town Clerk for three years
  • one Library Trustee for three years
  • one member of the Regional School Committee for three years
  • one Constable for three years
  • two members of the Planning Board for three years; and
  • five members of the Recreational Committee for three years.

Marriage Intentions

If you wish to marry, you can contact the Granville Town Clerk or any other Town Clerk in the Commonwealth. The first document that the couple must complete is the Marriage Intentions Form and both must be present at the same time to do so. Following this, a license is issued and you can be married any place in the Commonwealth. Your marriage license is filed at the Town Clerk’s Office where the Marriage Intentions Form is completed. Here is some additional information on marrying in MA :  

Vital Records

Birth records are filed based on residence. If you are a resident of Granville at the time of the birth of your child, then the child’s birth certificate will be filed in Granville. Death records are filed in the community in which you died. Certified copies of vital records (Birth, Marriage, Death) are $10.00.


Dog Licenses are issued by the Town Clerk.  Fee for a spayed or neutered dog is $10. Fee for an unaltered dog is $15.  State Law requires that proof of rabies vaccination must be provided with Dog License Application.  It is the owner's responsibility to register their pets by April 16th. A late fee of $20 will be charged after that date.


Business Licenses are issued by the Town Clerk in conformity with state statute MGL Chapter 100 §5.  Fee for a business certificate is $30. Business License Application

The Town Clerk no longer issues Hunting or Fishing  licenses from her office.  Hunting and fishing licenses may be purchased on line at the following site: .


The Town Clerk, as well as the Town Administrator, are Notaries Public.



The Town has one polling location and that is at the Town Hall. Town Elections are held the second Monday in April.  

2015 Municipal Election Results

2016 Presidential Primary Results

2016 Municipal Election Results

2016 State Primary Results

2016 General Election Results

2017 Municipal Election Results


To: Appointees, Volunteers, Employees

From:  Town Clerk


The ethics reform law, imposes mandatory education and training requirements on public employers and public employees.  The requirements are: Each year, every state, county, and municipal employee must be given a summary of the conflict of interest law prepared by the Ethics Commission and, every two years, they must complete an online training program prepared by the  Ethics Commission. These requirements apply to all public employees. 


The statutory definitions of who is a state, county, and municipal employee for purposes of the conflict of interest law are very broad. These definitions are not limited to paid, full-time public employees. Everyone who performs services for, or holds an office or position with, a state, county, or municipal agency is subject to the conflict of interest law. This is true whether the person is paid or unpaid, is a volunteer, works part-time, is employed only for part of the year or on a seasonal basis, or is a "special" employee. The law applies to these individuals, regardless of whether the employee is elected, appointed, or working under a contract.  Therefore everyone who does anything for the Town is covered by these requirements.   


Your new appointment paper and the summary of the conflict of interest law are attached. The online training program is found here: and click link for municipal employees.  You will need to print off your ethics certificate and present to the Town Clerk. Additional ethics information can be found at