Skip to main content

Town of Granville


Home   Departments  Boards and Committees  Visit Granville  Granville Phone Book   Harvest Fair  Dollars for Scholars  Contact Us  Site Map   
Building Department
Emergency Management
Fire & Ambulance Services
Granville Library
Granville Village School
Police Department
Public Works
Transfer Station

The Granville Building Inspector is Bob Sullivan. His office hours are on Monday nights at the Town Hall from 7:00pm-8:30pm when Town Office Hours are held. Please contact him by calling his home phone...357-8810. The machine at Town Hall is an announcement only!

The Granville Electrical Inspector is Lee Wheeler He has no set hours but he can be contatcted on his cell phone at 413-386-9940.  The machine at Town Hall is an announcement only!

The Granville Plumbing Inspector is Doug Dreyer. He has no set hours but can be contacted at his office number 413-789-2260. The machine at Town Hall is an announcement only!


To pull a permit you may stop by Town Hall Monday - Friday from 9 to 3pm, but it is important to note the Town Administrator may be out of the office if you do not call ahead.  It is easiest to do it by mail. Just send the standard permit form along with a certificate of insurance to the Granville Town Hall at PO Box 247, Granville, MA 01034. The first time a contractor does work in town he must provide a copy of his license. For almost every electrical, plumbing, fire and gas permit the fee is $40.00 an inspection. For example, for new construction you need a rough and finish inspection so the fee would be $80.00. New service would add another $40.00. An underground trench inspection would add another $40.00. A simple panel change in an existing dwelling would be $40.00.

Below are links to some commonly requested documents.


This document contains information on regulations & bylaws including perc tests & DSCP


Granville Building Permit Application

Demolition Permit

Electric Permit 

Plumbing Permit 2016

Gas Permit 2016

Wood/Solid Fuel Stove Permit

Sheet Metal Permit


Fire Department Forms:

Read This Before You Start

GFD FP6 (General)

GFD FP7C (Smoke)

GFD LPG (Storage)

Form 1 FP056 Instructions

Form FP056-Form 1 (Oil Burner) 

Form FB292-Tank Removal


Building Permit Check List 


Homeowner License Exemption

Worker's Compensation Affidavit



ZBA Variance or Special Permit Forms

Application for Certificate of Occupancy 

Demo DEP form 

Demo sign-off sheet


We try to keep the content and information on this page as up to date as possible.  If you find an error or have further questions please email and put "website" in subject line.